Re: include problem with lilypond-book

From: Julien Rioux
Subject: Re: include problem with lilypond-book
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 14:15:23 -0400

On 02/08/2014 11:40 AM, Br. Samuel Springuel wrote:
I just tested the work around noted in the issue tracker and want to add
that said work around ignores the relative includes option in the
lilypond files, i.e., "#(ly:set-option 'relative-includes #t)" at the
beginning of the file.

Thus, to make it work with my example where the lilypond files are
stored in a subdirectory (Scores) of the main project I had to specify
that subdirectory for the --include option.

I.e.
This command couldn't find the included file:

$ lilypond-book --output=Main-out --lily-output-dir=Main-lily
--include=../ Main.lytex

This one, on the other hand, could:

$ lilypond-book --output=Main-out --lily-output-dir=Main-lily
--include=../Scores/ Main.lytex

Yes, I would expect that: if Scores/ is the directory where include files are, then that is where lilypond needs to be pointed to. As it happens, the --include=../ line given as example works as is with Hartmut's use case, but in your use case the include files are one level deeper.

I'll have a look at #(ly:set-option 'relative-includes #t); if it's really ignored I suspect that it's happening at lilypond's level rather than being a lilypond-book specific problem.

Thanks for testing and regards,
Julien