Re: book parts and page breaks

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: book parts and page breaks
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 20:32:03 +0100

Am 15.03.2015 um 18:15 schrieb Francesco Petrogalli:
Hi,
I have attached a set of .ly file that illustrate what I am doing.

I would like to have multiple exercise under the same "section", which
I am now rendering as \bookpart.
Which logically makes sense.
  As I said, I'd like to avoid the page
break between 'sections'.
Which is a good idea if the sections don’t extend over more than, say, one and a half pages.
  I tried to use the \header command inside
the \score command, but this would require to have multiple staves in
the same \score, and unless I am missing something in the way scores
are handles, the only way to have moltiple staves in a score is to
render them together as in a piano/orchestral part, which I don't want
because I want each exercise to be a single entity.
Of course it’s nonsense to have more than one piece in a score.

I’d suggest the following:
– Use no bookparts at all.
– Write the scores one after the other and simulate the header for each section by placing a toplevel \markup expression before it, e.g.

\markup \fill-line { \null "La tonalità…" \null }
\score {
  … first exercise
}
\score {
  … second exercise
}

\markup \fill-line { \null "L’altra tonalità…" \null }
\score {

etc.

HTH, Simon

I hope I made my point clear now, thanks for any help!

Francesco