Re: centering note columns [WAS: Directional NoteHead Stencil Support]

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: centering note columns [WAS: Directional NoteHead Stencil Support]
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 16:32:07 -0400

Hi David,

As always, great work! I will use this on all my scores, once it’s “perfect”.

In the meantime, it doesn’t distinguish cases where centering *shouldn’t* be
applied, e.g.

\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff {
    <c' e' g' c''>1\accent\fermata\f\arpeggio
    c'4 d' e' f'
    R1
  }
  \new Staff {
    R1
    R1
    <c' e' g' c''>1\accent\fermata\f\arpeggio
  }
  \new Staff {
    c'4 r r2
  }

Is there a way to:
    (a) have the function automatically check all staves in the current system,
and only enable centering if there are only multi-measure rests, full-measure
notes, or skips/blank; and/or
    (b) manually enable or disable the function on a per-measure basis?

Thanks!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
www:  <http://www.kierenmacmillan.info>