Re: Do we really offer the future?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Do we really offer the future?
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 14:01:48 +0100

On Wed, 2015-04-22 at 08:31 -0400, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> > Interesting, I didn't realize that this was a reason to use a front-end
> > to generate the LilyPond. With the Denemo front end it is Del,M to
> > delete a measure in all the staffs.
>
> Does that work even when the code is abstracted into one or more shared
> global variables, etc.?
> Or does Denemo not allow that flexibility of structure?

Denemo offers two or three sorts of LilyPond output, the most basic is a
monolithic file with the voices assigned to variable names and a score
layout section that arranges them in staffs. But for working with the
LilyPond output in a more flexible fashion there is an export of the
voices themselves to separate files. The user would then arrange for
these to be included into a suitably structured LilyPond file.

Richard