Re: Bar numbers seem to be one off

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Bar numbers seem to be one off
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 07:41:08 +0000 (GMT)

----- Original Message -----

I think maybe you did not understand clearly what David Kastrup said.  When
counting bar numbers, incomplete bars at the beginning are *not* counted.  In
your example you start with:

     \set Score.currentBarNumber = #0

     r2. r2 b4 |

...which is a *complete* bar, and, therefor, is counted even though it contains
only a pick-up note.  In order to get the next bar which is the first complete
bar numbered as '1' you should write:

     \partial 4

     b4 |

LilyPond follows standard music printing practice.  Bar numbers will appear at
the left end of the measure and incomplete bars at the beginning will not be
counted **provided that you indicated they are incomplete by using \partial.**

-David