Re: Bar numbers seem to be one off

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Bar numbers seem to be one off
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 11:36:45 +0100

On 26/09/15 08:31, Andrew Bernard wrote:
> However, you don’t often see scores with every barline numbered, and
> generally publishers only print the bar number at the start of each line, and
> normally leaving out 1.

Actually, printing bar numbers at the start of each line is NOT general
practice. Yes I think it's great, and leave it there when I'm redoing
parts, but I've almost never seen it in any music I've been given to play.

(Like a lot of music I play leaves off the key signature at the start of
each line ... - though that is usually because the music is being
crammed onto a small sheet.)

Cheers,
Wol