Re: Using a semi-bold font

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Using a semi-bold font
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 14:54:00 -0700 (MST)

Joram,

There's not a convenient pango interface (yet) for selecting variants outside the Regular/Italic/Bold/Bold Italic styles. However, with the way you are doing it, you should be able to just add "Semibold" to the original font name and mostly work (i.e., you can then also select the 'italic shape of you want). Then you could name the font-family 'semibold or something like that for easier identification/differentiation.

HTH,
Abraham