Re: How to create complex chord

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: How to create complex chord
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 22:43:57 +0200

Hi Larry,

some comments first:

a) This is a mailing list for Lilypond development (changing the program
itself), please use the lilypond-user list for user questions.

b) If you reduce your code to the absolute minimum, you may find the
issue yourself and you are more likely to find someone looking into it
and help you: http://lilypond.org/tiny-examples.html

Concerning your question: I reduced your example a bit below. What you
need are the lines marked with comments (%). If it is not clear please
search in the manual for change staff and voices ("I hear voices").

HTH,
Joram

\version "2.18.2"
\language "english"

global = {
  \key e \major
}

right = \relative c' {
  \global
  \change Staff = "left"    % you need to change into the lower staff
  \voiceOne                 % and make this voice the upper one
  \tuplet 3/2 { e,8 gs cs }
  \oneVoice                 % change back
  \change Staff = "right"
}

left = \relative c,  {
  \global
  \voiceTwo                 % if there would be shorter notes with stems
                            % this part should be the lower voice
  <cs gs cs'>1
  \oneVoice                 % back to normal mode: only one voice in
this staff
}

\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff = "right" \right
    \new Staff = "left" { \clef bass \left }