Re: Replying to posts

From: Gilles
Subject: Re: Replying to posts
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 14:05:50 +0200

Hello.

On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 13:44:39 +0200 (CEST), Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
On Wed, 27 Apr 2016, David Kastrup wrote:

Looks like I'm no longer welcome on this list.  I'll unsubscribe and
leave it to the people who understand the medium better.

I assume that I'm more welcome on the developer list. People there are
more likely to get along with conveying messages using text.

Don't let a handful of over-sensitive people upset you.
And the other way around I also want to ask them: don't let people
like David Kastrup upset you either.

I'm assuming that the majority of readers of this mailing-list
couldn't care less what mailclient everyone is using, if their mail is
html formatted or plain text, if we should top-post or not, etc.

The primary issue is not about "a majority" (who may not have a clue why HTML mail ranges from bad to evil) but respect towards those who read the
messages, and try to help the posters.

It should take much less time for readers to figure out what the question
is, than it took the posters to write them.

If, out of lazyness, the latter plainly ignore the rules aimed at
conveying more information than noise, the list owner should consider
banning them, rather than risk putting off those who follow the rules.

Regards,
Gilles

The majority of readers of this mailinglist just wants to discuss the
usage of LilyPond. That's why this list is called "lilypond-user".
Everyone who has valid questions, sensible answers, or interesting
stories around this subject is more than welcome. And David fits this
description perfectly. So please don't unsubscribe.