Re: Ties, distance from barline at a system break

From: Robert Blackstone
Subject: Re: Ties, distance from barline at a system break
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 10:22:18 +0200

Hi Kieren,

Finally I got it working, albeit "Non senza fatiga" (like when you managed to play Frescobaldi's Toccata IX, at least according to Frescobaldi himself).

Since I do not yet know the right way to install things downloaded from github.com/openlilylib, I merely copied the folder "snippets-master" to a LilyPond folder in my Dropbox and used  \include  "full_path_to_shapeII.ily" in the ME I posted. I then  found that I had to include in the same way another file, "lilypond-version-predicates.ily", which, though it is in "Resources/share/lilypond/current/_internal/utilities" of the LilyPond.app, nevertheless could not be found. No idea why not.

Anyway, in the end it worked and the result is what I hoped it would be.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Robert