Re: Mystery empty staves appear on score

From: mclaren
Subject: Re: Mystery empty staves appear on score
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 03:23:03 -0700 (MST)

Thanks!  That answer a lot of questions. So presumably the S2 is means
"silent half note rest."
I'm guessing, then, that S1024 or S4096 will generate silent 1/1024 note
rest and silent 1/4096 note rests, respectively.

Ideally, what I want is a silent rest of zero length. Experience shows that
Lilypond won't print a rest shorter than 1/128 note, so maybe if I enter a
short enough silent rest Lilypond won't insert it at all in the score.

That's what I'm looking for, a silent rest of zero duration that simply
makes the page break and adds nothing to the score. I'll fiddle around with
Lilypond some more and see what I can come up with. In any case, this
valuable clue points me in the right direction.