Re: new to this list - converting from Noteworthy Composer

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: new to this list - converting from Noteworthy Composer
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 15:22:41 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Guido van Harten" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 8:52 AM

Hi,

I think I am new to this list. A few years ago I tried Lilypond to create my music files. It failed, but I do not remember why.

As of today I will give it a new try. Now I am starting of my current music notation software, Noteworthy Composer. I think the converting utility nwc2ly is not part of the lilypond software, but may be anyone can help me.

I tried to convert a simple music file, created in Noteworthy Composer 2.75, to Lilypond.
Is this forum also for discussing about nwc2ly?

Regards,
Guido

Contrary to the other suggestions here, I personally find nwc2ly very good at converting Noteworthy to LilyPond. I may be biassed, since I'm the author these days. I do have a version that will work with Noteworthy 2.75 and following your note have just uploaded that version to my website at http://www.holmessoft.co.uk/homepage/Software/NWC2LY/index.htm

Please let me know if you experience any problems.

--
Phil Holmes