Re: Tie/Accidental Collision

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Tie/Accidental Collision
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 11:34:14 +0200

On 23.03.2018 17:58, Stefano Troncaro wrote:

I understand. Let me ask you then, where should this behavior be documented? Perhaps in the section about modifying shapes <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/modifying-shapes> in the Notation Reference?
Currently it states:

            Known issues and warnings

    It is not possible to modify shapes of ties or slurs by changing
    the |control-points| property if there are multiple ties or slurs
    at the same musical moment – the |\tweak| command will also not
    work in this case. However, the |tie-configuration| property of
    |TieColumn| can be overridden to set start line and direction as
    required.

Since contrary to the above this is indeed possible (as proved by the example shared by Harm), could this paragraph be updated instead? I think we can all agree that the documentation needs to convey accurate information.

I was going to write a longer message but this has already gone too out of thread. I don't know where/how this kind of issues are supposed to be discussed. If you could point me in the right direction I'd be happy to bring this up in the right place and in the right manner.

It would be great if you could make a Documentation suggestion as described in <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/documentation-suggestions.html>.

Best, Simon