Re: First steps in Lilypond

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: First steps in Lilypond
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2018 23:35:13 +0200

foxfanfare <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote
>> To wit: mapping primordial piano music with its
>> loose relation of notes and ad-hoc voices and connecting articulation to
>> LilyPond's concepts is pretty much the worst-case of complex music you
>> can deal with.  Orchestral/choral/symphonic music is comparatively
>> straightforward in contrast, and even the nominal superset of organ
>> music tends to be simpler in practice because it tends to be more
>> rigidly mapped to voiced music rather than serving as a tool for
>> texturing sound.
>
> lol I'm not sure it's very comforting!

If I were primarily a salesman instead of a developer, I would not be
starving.  You'll find lots of people ready to help with problems you
encounter, and most importantly _able_ to help with problems you
encounter because you can easily exchange and discuss fragments of
LilyPond input on the mailing lists.  But organizing piano music still
is a more troublesome application in the vast scope of music LilyPond
will handle.

--
David Kastrup