Re: Does \balloonText only work inside chords?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Does \balloonText only work inside chords?
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 12:28:39 +0200

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> According to NR 1.7.2 \balloonText is "used likeĀ \tweak, typically
> within chords, to attach text to an individual note." I have two
> questions to this:

The documentation is ridiculous.  I don't remember the details but
basically footnotes were previously done similar and reimplemented with
more sane user interface and documentation.  Balloons should likely be
done likewise.

Until they aren't, ignore the documentation texts and rather go for
examples that might be present in doc examples or regtests.

--
David Kastrup