Re: Making espressivo longer

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Making espressivo longer
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 21:45:03 +0000

On 1/22/19, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
> What is the current best practice for scaling espressivo indicators, making
> them longer?

Apart from overriding the grob’s stencil, I don’t think it’s easily
achievable. I looked into redefining the script-stencil property, but
it only accepts a feta glyph and otherwise throws a very rude "assert
(false)".

> There's a scale function in the archives from Harm, but I wonder if there
> is a mechanism built in to 2.19.82 and so on?

I assume you’re referring to
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-04/msg00375.html
(a.k.a. "please remember I'm not a programmer" -> rrright.)

Cheers,
V.