Re: harp basic muffle

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Re: harp basic muffle
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 13:00:06 +0100

Hi Valentin,

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 9:05 AM Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> wrote:

Greetings everybody,
I’ve just added a LSR snippet for harp muffle notation, feel free to
let me know if there’s any way I can improve it…

http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1085

thank you very much for posting this. One thing I would very much like to see (though it's a bit Utopian) would be the possibility to indicate damping of individual strings. In contemporary notation, a dotted line connects a note or chord to a later-occurring dampen symbol, indicating that those strings *and those strings only* are dampened at that point. This is something you see in contemporary notation for piano as well.

I'm not at all sure how one would do this, but I imagine it involves coding some sort of spanner function.

I can't even find an example of what I mean. Google just returns one result from somebody doing something with Sibelius that looks characteristically horrible.