SMuFL Bravura

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: SMuFL Bravura
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 21:03:18 +1100

What is the current state of the art in using SMuFL fonts with lilypond 2.19.83? The blog posts I read referred to openlilylib modules to enable it, but with many references to issues such as subtle sizing problems etc etc. Is this ready for pro. use yet? Will it ever be, or are the incompatibilities in font technology a limitation?

To the point, I want some various string mute symbols. Would it be better for me to look into adding glyphs to Emmentaler with metafont? How extensible is Emmentaler?

Andrew