Re: Your Bespoke Lilypond Environment

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Your Bespoke Lilypond Environment
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 10:54:26 -0700

On 2020-04-07 9:49 am, cgilmore wrote:
I was curious what everyone's setup is like for writing Lilypond,
specifically, for any non-Frescobaldi users. We all know Frescobaldi is
great and probably the most ideal environment for Lilypond, but I'm
personally curious what other people are using and how they're using
it—mostly looking for inspiration from others.

I never got into using Frescobaldi and instead simply used a text editor and PDF viewer in combination.

My old setup was Notepad++ and GSView; now it is Visual Studio Code and SumatraPDF. Additionally, I had relied on a Windows installation but now I exclusively use the Linux build of LilyPond running under the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL).

-- Aaron Hill