Re: Your Bespoke Lilypond Environment

From: Cam
Subject: Re: Your Bespoke Lilypond Environment
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 22:01:55 -0300

Well mostly I was attracted to Lilypond because it supports generation of MIDI files from
text input, unlike most other programs which are GUI based. For my purposes it's perfect.
From within my Python program I execute Lilypond to "compile" the source into
MIDI and engraving, then I fetch the MIDI and the image from the generated files.
Specifying which MIDI phrases to glue together is a whole other matter, but it all works.
If you're interested you can see a screenshot of it in action showing the Lilypond source
and the resulting engraving on the screen here:

http://www.bitflipper.ca/Screenshot.png

What you are seeing in this screenshot is the Phrase Editor which was invoked
from the Sequence Editor. The Sequence Editor is where you get to say which
phrases to glue together, along with a lot of other stuff.

Cheers

Cam