Re: eartraining with lilypond?

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: eartraining with lilypond?
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 02:59:55 +0200

Hello Stefan & all,

You wrote:
> has someone experiences and/or ideas for using lilypond for
> eartraining-purposes?
> [ ... ]
> Are there other projects/ideas around?

well, while NOT being a programmer, nevertheless I created a little
web-based cgi-program especially for training note-reading, and it
contains also a part for training absolute hearing.

It's all related to a piano-graphic, on which You can click the
random-created note You've read btw. heared, and it will give a
feedback, if it was wrong or write.

One can chose different difficulties.

The note-reading part contains also some interval-training parts.

What does it have to do with lilypond?
Well, the note symbols I've used are created by lilypond. :-)

I made it in 2010 (3 month) and 2012 (2 month), and it's missing a
chord-training part, but I won't continue this program, and due to not
being a programmer, the code is nearly unreadable (perhaps meanwhile
also for me).

So You can only use it as is.

The good thing is:
There is no costs, no "Werbung", no cookies and so on, the only thing
you have to create is an own two-part user name and an own passwort at
the first session, for getting a later feedback about your progress in
following sessions.

To get the site, you cannot only type

    http://www.roland-goretzki.de

because this website I've closed several years ago. But you can get it
by typing the direct URL:

    http://www.roland-goretzki.de/cgi-bin/lernspiel.cgi

There You will be asked a user name, it is:
    roland
And You will be asked a password, it is:
    benjamin

After this you get directly into the program, where You have to create
your own user name and password as mentioned above. The rest ist mostly
self-declaring, I think.

For potential further questions in detail I would prefer the German
language, because I'm no English native speaker, and I assume, You are a
german, don't You?

For all English speakers:
The program is only in German language, I'm sorry.

Best Regards           Roland

PS:
Don't know why I didn't share it in the past - perhaps simply forgotten
OR due to the language and the necessary declaration? ;-)