Re: Automatically centering markup along an arrow

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Automatically centering markup along an arrow
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 00:56:56 +0200

Am Sa., 18. Juli 2020 um 20:34 Uhr schrieb Sam Bivens <sambivens@gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
> I've recently discovered Harm's terrific arrow markup; see attached. Is there
> any way to automatically center new markup along these paths instead of
> manually tweaking an halign for every one?
> In other words, the "X" in the attached MWE should automatically center
> itself between the endpoints of the slur/arrow. How might this be possible?
> Thanks!
> Sam

Hi Sam,

meanwhile Aaron heavily improved the coding:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2019-04/msg00240.html
Thanks again!

Though, it's not clear to me what you aim at:
(1) Do you really _need_ the outside-staff functionality?
(2) You wrote "the "X" in the attached MWE should automatically center
itself between the endpoints of the slur/arrow."
Alas this would look like the attached image.
Or should the added markup rather be (always?) outside the slur?

Cheers,
  Harm