Re: Automatically centering markup along an arrow

From: Sam Bivens
Subject: Re: Automatically centering markup along an arrow
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 22:13:42 -0400

Hi Harm,
I won't be using this with broken slurs; these will all be small, individualized segments of about five measures maximum.
Sam

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 8:21 PM Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65@gmail.com> wrote:
Am So., 19. Juli 2020 um 01:10 Uhr schrieb Thomas Morley
<thomasmorley65@gmail.com>:

> Am So., 19. Juli 2020 um 01:06 Uhr schrieb Sam Bivens <sambivens@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Hi Harm,
> > Yes, I see now that I was unclear. I'd like the X to be horizontally centered between the endpoints, but not vertically centered. The markup should always be outside the slur. And yes, I would prefer this to be outside the staff; it's for teaching purposes, so I want to make the text clear and unencumbered by the staff lines.
> > Thanks,
> > Sam
>
> Ok, I'll try to have a closer look tomorrow.
>
> Laters,
>   Harm

Hi Sam,

I had a look, alas I need one more information:
How should it behave with broken Slurs etc?
Annotate only the first part or every part?

Cheers,
  Harm

--
Sam Bivens, Ph.D.