Re: OLL

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: OLL
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 16:51:51 +0200

I’m mostly with Damian here – I’m excited by your (Urs’ et al.) work, and I
always wanted to look at least into the notation fonts, but will probably never
need any of the more sophisticated functions.

My personal needs seldom go further than song and choir sheets, and so far I
rarely got customers asking for musical typesetting (and if, they can’t pay my
time).

But I feel OLL is an important contribution to LilyPond and it would be a big
loss to leave it behind. Unfortunately I don’t see anything I could help with.
It would be an interesting challenge for me to port the LaTeX parts to ConTeXt,
but while the number of OLL users is in the single-digit range, as well as the
intersection of LilyPond and ConTeXt users, it doesn’t make any sense.

Hraban