Re: OTF text font family with optical sizes : unable to access regular f

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: OTF text font family with optical sizes : unable to access regular font
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 16:02:15 +0000

The Adobe Font page (https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/arno) lists the regular font as "Arno Pro
Regular".  Have you tried that?  I'm definitely not a font expert, but reckon "Arno
Pro" is probably the font family in total.

On 27/10/2020 15:50, Daniel Tobias Johansen Langhoff wrote:
Hi

I’m having an issue using the Arno Pro typeface as a text font in
LilyPond. When trying to use the regular font of the regular optical
size, "Arno Pro Caption" is being substituted, as confirmed by
pdffonts. Italic works as expected (as well as bold), and I can
explicitly specify any other font of the family, like "Arno Pro Smbd
Display". This bug is not happening with Garamond Premier Pro.

I’m running LilyPond 2.20.0 on Ubuntu 20.04. I’ll happily provide more
information on request. First time posting to any mailing list, so I
hope I’m doing this correctly.

$ cat minimal.ly
\paper {
   #(define fonts
     (set-global-fonts
      #:roman "Arno Pro"
     ))
}

\markup {
   "Regular" \italic "Italic"
}
$ pdffonts minimal.ly
name                                 type              encoding
  emb sub uni object ID
LMLSAN+ArnoPro-Caption               Type 1C           Custom
  yes yes yes      8  0
DARGUI+ArnoPro-Italic                Type 1C           WinAnsi
  yes yes no      11  0

Regards
Daniel Tobias

--