Re: Nested transposition

From: Silvain Dupertuis
Subject: Re: Nested transposition
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 13:58:24 +0100

Here is a proposal
(without language = "english" => I use is and es for sharp and flat)
(using variables and transpose once from c to c sharp and once from c to b flat)
and using relative c' to ensure proper treatment of octaves.

I do not know if it helps, but it work for me with your example :

\version "2.20.0"
musicA = {
    \relative c' {
      \clef treble
      \key c \major
      c'4 d e f g a b c

musicB = \relative c' {
      \clef bass
      \key c \major
      c, d e f g a b c
    }

musicAB = {
  \musicA
  \transpose a ais { \musicB }
  }

musicAC = {
  \musicA
  \transpose c des { \musicB }
  }
\markup { "from c to c sharp => a to a sharp (3 sharps to 10 sharps!)" }
\score {
  {
    \musicA
    \musicB
    \break
    \musicAB
\markup { "from c to d double-flat => a to b flat (3 sharps to 2 [=12-10] flats"}
\score {
  {
    \break
    \transpose c a, { \musicAB }