Scheme doesn't check for missspeeled variable names???

From: James B. Wilkinson
Subject: Scheme doesn't check for missspeeled variable names???
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 23:11:50 -0400

I fat-fingered the keyboard on my laptop and got this:

flute-notes = {
  \override BreathingSigh.Y-offset = #2.6                      %% also tried
#5.0 and some really big numbers; no effect
  7 bars of music in 4/4
}

AND I never got an error message. This seems to mean that Scheme has no checks
for valid identifiers. I’m reminded of a program we had back in the early
1970’s; it printed an alphabetized list of all the identifiers in a BASIC
program. If you’d misspelled something it jumped right out at you. Something
like that would have saved me about two hours tonight.

sigh (as it were)