Re: Two arpeggio lines (up and down) next to each other

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Two arpeggio lines (up and down) next to each other
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 12:36:50 -0400

Hi Lukas,

> One could the default arpeggio stencil machinery do its job twice:

Nice! This is exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of…

> The problem is that this arpeggio is not taken into account for spacing: The
> next note will be too close. I'm not yet sure what would be The Right Way to
> change this, as neither X-extent nor extra-spacing-width of the arpeggio seem
> to have an effect for spacing to the right. You can tweak (for instance)
> NoteHead's extra-spacing-width, but that is far from elegant.

Hmmm… That seems like a bug, or at least a good candidate for a feature
request. There are a whole bunch of other ways to clothe that particular cat,
but tweaking the width/spacing sure seems like The Right Way™.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info