Re: Feedback wanted: syntax highlighting in the LilyPond documentation

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Feedback wanted: syntax highlighting in the LilyPond documentation
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 08:01:43 -0800

On Sun, Jan 2, 2022 at 7:10 AM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

> [Marc]
> > It will be necessary to keep an uncolored version for men (in
> > principle women do not have this problem) who do not see well certain
> > colors.
>

> This is taken care of -- the colors have been
> chosen to have enough contrast to the white
> background to be readable even for those
> with impaired vision. Since I am not such a
> person, I have been checking the scheme against
> WCAG recommendations. The color with least
> contrast has 6.15, which is quite a bit
> above the WCAG AA level of 4.5. This means that
> even someone not discerning colors at all
> can read such highlighted code.

I am colorblind (which BTW means that it's hard to distinguish certain
colors, not that everything is gray).  I can't see a difference
between the blue and the purple, but this doesn't cause a problem for
me -- I just miss some of the highlighting, which is unavoidable.  The
bold terms jump out at me, but the coloration seems reasonable.  All
in all, the scheme seems reasonable to me.

--
Knute Snortum