very simple off-topic question regarding command line viewing of postscr

From: Kenneth Wolcott
Subject: very simple off-topic question regarding command line viewing of postscript files on macOS
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 16:24:06 -0700

Hi;

  I'm trying to simplify my workflow. I think I want to generate
postscript files instead of pdf files when using Lilypond.  I already
know how to do that.  But what I need to know is, on a Mac, how to
display the postscript file from the command line.  I used to do this
all the time a long time ago when I used UNIX and Linux, but homebrew
gs doesn't display the postscript.  I do not want to use preview.

  This used to be a TRIVIAL thing to do when I was younger, but now I
am old and my brain just isn't what it used to be.

  I've looked at several man pages and/or info and/or help (lastly
/opt/homebrew/Cellar/ghostscript/9.56.1_1/share/doc/ghostscript/9.56.1/Use.htm)

Current attempt:

/opt/homebrew/Cellar/ghostscript/9.56.1_1/bin/gs -sDEVICE=display
../target/The_Swan.ps
GPL Ghostscript 9.56.1 (2022-04-04)
Copyright (C) 2022 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.
This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:
see the file COPYING for details.
zsh: segmentation fault
/opt/homebrew/Cellar/ghostscript/9.56.1_1/bin/gs -sDEVICE=display

So, what flags should I be using just to display the postscript?

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott