Re: Unknown expression mark

From: William Rehwinkel
Subject: Re: Unknown expression mark
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 21:22:54 +0000

Dear Paul,

Assuming that the symbol is a marcato-staccato, one could use some scheme code a bit like the following which is pasted together from the short fermata and staccato definitions, so that the layout and midi outputs are properly handled.

-William

\version "2.24.0"

staccatostrongaccent = #(make-articulation 'shortfermata
  'midi-length
  (lambda (len context)
    (moment-min (ly:moment-mul len (ly:make-moment 1/3))
      (seconds->moment 1/3 context))) ; slightly shorter than staccato
        'midi-extra-velocity 40 ; marcato midi-extra-velocity
)

\score {
\relative g' {
  g8^\staccatostrongaccent g8_\staccatostrongaccent
}

\layout {}
\midi {}
}