Completion_heads_engraver for line-ends only?

From: Graham King
Subject: Completion_heads_engraver for line-ends only?
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 17:31:19 +0000

I'm preparing an edition of de Wert's motet "Ascendente Jesu in naviculam"
which has an extended stretto section with dotted rhythms across barlines.  For
this, Harm's Mensurstriche example in the Learning Manual produces a mostly
beautiful result.

However, for the sake of those singers who, faced with this passage, find
themselves <ahem> all at sea, I would like to avoid notes extending across
line-breaks.  The idea is to use something like the Completion_heads_engraver
that would take effect only at those barlines that coincide with a line break.
Does such a thing exist?

As a secondary question: Is there a straightforward way to avoid collisions of
mensurstriche with beams?