Converting absolute to relative pitch?

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Converting absolute to relative pitch?
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 15:02:28 +1100

Hello,

Frescobaldi has a function that allows you to convert between relative and absolute pitches.  I have a document using absolute pitch that I'd like to concert to relative pitch.  However, the Frescobaldi function does nothing when applied to a selection in my document.  Maybe there's a setting I've missed.  I assumed that this would be as simple as a pitch transformation, but it would seem not - at least for me.

Of course, what I can do is edit out all the commas and apostrophes that define the absolute octaves, and then go back in and put in the few that I need when successive notes differ by a fifth or more.  But that's a pain, and I was hoping Frescobaldi could do it for me.

Any advice would be very helpful!

Many thanks,
Alasdair

--