Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone Adressbook Remote Fetch

From: Elisa Nectoux
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone Adressbook Remote Fetch
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 18:16:14 +0100

Hi Zulficar,

Thank you for your interest in Linphone. I apologise for our very belated answer.

First of all, can you please clarify if you are using our mobile versions (Linphone for iOS or for Android) or the desktop version?

Linphone mobile versions automatically import the phone address book in the app contact list (if the user accepts that we access his phone address book, of course).
On Linphone for desktop, it is true that for now, the only way of adding a contact is to create it manually.

We can develop contacts import or synchronisation features on demand, though.
The pricing would highly depend on the protocol that needs to be used (CardDAV, LDAP, custom http API...) and on the complexity of the targeted scenarios.

For example, with CardDAV/vCard:
Adding an option to add contacts via vCard files would not be too costly. But the synchronisation of contacts with a CardDAV server would be more complicated and we have several options, corresponding to different use cases :
- integration with a CardDAV server, for simple scenarios, for example, to be able to push a directory in the app.
- integration with a CardDAV server for more complex scenarios, such as: if a contact is added on a Linphone instance, it has to be duplicated on the other instances.

Please do not hesitate to contact us to request a quote, by filling in the contact form at the end of our contact page: https://www.linphone.org/contact.

Best regards,

Elisa Nectoux
Sales & Marketing Manager

+33 (0)9 52 63 65 05
address@hidden

Belledonne Communications, the company behind the Linphone project