[Linphone-developers] Linphone on WIndows 10

From: Ricardo Larrañaga
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone on WIndows 10
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 17:04:08 -0300

Hello Everyone:
Due to the current global situation, i found myself looking for alternative communication methods, and softphones.

After testing a couple, i ran into linphone, and started testing the Windows and android versions. I was greatly surprised by their streamlined configuration and ease of use.

I have to questions regarding linphone:
1)- I did realize that the windows app store has a version of linphone published, but it is much older than the Android version (And probably the iphone version?)

It is also much older than the downloadable desktop version from the site.

Is there any intention to update the windows store version? The reasons i went with that one are:
-Ease of install (I deploy through intune)
-Lack of g729 on the windows desktop version, downloadable from the site.

I also realize it has much less options in the microsoft store version

2) What is the state of the android version, stability wise?

Thanks!
Regards