Re: [Linphone-developers] Uninstalling Linphone on Android seems to remo

From: Dave Osbourne
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Uninstalling Linphone on Android seems to remove all Contacts - what does initializeSyncAccount do?
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 12:15:46 +0100

On 2020-06-08 12:11, Greg Troxel wrote:
When linphone uses the system contacts database - which is perhaps
provided by davx5 - are there issues with contact deletion?
Yes, in my case - this is what happened.  Clients created programtically (outside of Linphone, albeit via quite an old app) were noticed to disappear when Linphone was uninstalled.

I noticed an error logged (I don't have a note of it) in Android Studio that lead me to look at Linphone which then lead me to change I made.

Or is it only when contacts are added*via linphone itself*  into the
"linphone contacts" area?  And this area is actually a new system
contacts db, but created by linphone?
That is not the issue I rasied.

Dave