[Linphone-developers] Android device USB webcam support

From: Hardik Rathore
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Android device USB webcam support
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 11:46:50 +0530

Hi,

I want to add USB web camera support to Linphone using the UVCCamera library (USB Host API).

We are using this library because we do not want to run into permission issues and also don't want to configure kernel modules and recompile Android kernel.

Link for the library is as follows
https://github.com/saki4510t/UVCCamera

But now I do not have enough understanding  to hook this library to linphone.

Is this architecture tightly bound to some camera/video framework
OR
Do we have enough modularity to plug in some other library to capture video ?

I am new to this framework so please excuse if something doesn't make sense but you know my goal so please help me simplify the higher level architecture.

Once I get some higher level of architecture understanding then I can take help from an Android developer to proceed further.

Thanks & Regards,
Hardik