lmi

Re[2]: Determine whether window created yet [Was: [lmi] wx segfault iter

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: Determine whether window created yet [Was: [lmi] wx segfault iterating on GetChildren()]
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 23:47:56 +0100

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 21:18:26 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> I do listen and try to learn, especially when you say the same thing
GC> twice. I believe the lesson here is that
GC>
GC>   int foo()
GC>   {
GC>       if(!okay_to_call_foo()) return;
GC>
GC> isn't as good as never calling foo when it's not okay; and an event
GC> can't be called before it's connected, so a dynamic Connect() is
GC> equivalent but more elegant.

 It's not at all my intention to give lessons but yes, this is the point I
was trying to make, sorry if it was unclear. I'm sorry if I was a bit too
insistent but I just feel that Connect() is very underused as most (all?)
wxWidgets tutorials/documentation only uses the event tables while
Connect() is much more powerful (at the price of being slightly more
verbose). Personally I find that I'm using it more and more in the new code
I write.

 Regards,
VZ