lmi

RE: [lmi] xsl-fo changes: testing results

From: Murphy, Kimberly
Subject: RE: [lmi] xsl-fo changes: testing results
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:10:07 -0400

On 2007-06-14, Murphy, Kimberly wrote:

> In testing the xsl-fo changes, the following format changes were
> observed. While most may be non-trivial in nature, they do need to
> be addressed. Unless a specific .xsl file is identified, the issue is
> applicable to all .xsl files.
>
> 1) The scale unit (i.e., Values are shown in ...) on the illustration
> has parenthesis around the text. While consistent on all xsl files,
> our preference is to not have the parenthesis. Please remove.
> [...]
> 8) There are several instances where wording is being
> squashed together. [...]

Using cvs code 'Jun 20 14:03:44 2007 UTC', all the format issues
I previously identified have been fixed. However, a new issue was
observed, applicable to all .xsl files, that previously had
been correct.

If a user selects a 'Supplemental Report', the column "name"
requested is not correctly translated to the appropriate
column "title". Additionally, the column position is not being
kept as requested but instead the columns are spaced
evenly over the page.

For example, let's assume a user requests a supplemental report
and the following columns are selected:
 Column 0  PolicyYear
 Column 1  Outlay
 Column 2  AnnGAIntRate_Current
 Column 3  AnnSAIntRate_Current
 Column 4  [None]
 Column 11 [None]

Previously, as well as in production, the pdf prints a
'Supplemental Report' with the following column titles:

 Policy Year
 Net Outlay
 Curr Ann Gen Acct Int Rate
 Curr Ann Sep Acct Int Rate

and prints in the first four positions.

Using the cvs code above, they are now evenly spaced on the
page:

 PolicyYear
 Outlay
 AnnGAIntRate Current
 AnnSAIntRate Current

We use [None] as a spaceholder that users may rely on.
Please revert.

One additional item I'd like to report is on an
illustration_reg.xsl. The blue line that spans each column
should span all columns as one solid line instead of
fragmented individual lines. 'Numeric Summary' pages are the
only problem pages. The broken blue lines that span 'Midpoint
Values' and 'Current Values' in the same report are good, but
they're not consistent among all reports; they should be the
same as 'Numeric Summary'. Please change.

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is
proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is
intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is
addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by
any person other than the intended recipient or the
intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete all copies.