lmi

Re: [lmi] No security updates yet for debian 'bullseye'

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] No security updates yet for debian 'bullseye'
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 14:33:52 +0200

On Sat, 28 Sep 2019 12:14:52 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Vadim--Please see lmi commit e3f989ef703. I'm in a quandary: it seems
GC> wrong not to enable security upgrades; but if I don't, 'apt-get update'
GC> fails, which may be worse (if it therefore fails to retrieve some of
GC> the updates that actually are available for other entries in
GC> /etc/apt/sources.list). Do you know a better way to handle this?

 Hello,

 You should, of course, enable security updates even for "testing". The
reason for the error is that you need to use "bullseye-testing" instead of
just "bullseye" for it (for reasons I'd have trouble to explain, other than
saying that "it was always like this"), i.e. the full line should be

        deb https://security.debian.org bullseye-security main

 If the intention is to be able to use lmi_setup_21.sh with both stable and
testing, then something more would need to be done, e.g. defining
CODENAME_SECURITY variable in lmi_setup_inc.sh, that would contain either
"-security" or nothing. But perhaps for now it would be sufficient to just
mention in a comment before CODENAME definition that lmi_setup_21.sh may
need to be updated if its value is changed.

 Regards,
VZ