[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [lmi] SHA1 for wx upgrade

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] SHA1 for wx upgrade
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 00:15:46 +0200

On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 20:52:17 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net> 

GC> >  Funny that you should say this because I've recently merged a patch to
GC> > wxGridCellChoiceEditor which changes it do exactly this (see
GC> > 
GC> Is that commit/857bb9e80684a4e the result of integrating pull/1941 ?

 Yes, exactly.

GC> What I really want to know is whether 857bb9e80684a4e is the wxWidgets
GC> version we should upgrade to immediately after PR#143's 45 commits.
GC> We hope to test only one new version of wxWidgets, and we'd like to
GC> start testing by Wednesday.

 Great timing, because I hope to release wx 3.1.4 on Wednesday (so far this
is going spectacularly badly with new regressions being found daily, but I
still don't lose hope). I might not tag the final 3.1.4 before Wednesday
evening, but there should definitely no more any changes to the code after
tomorrow or maybe even today, so I'll be able to give you a commit to use
that will be functionally identical to 3.1.4 (the difference with the final
release will be only in documentation files, change log, release notes etc).
I know that we don't really care about using a released version of wx, but
I think it would be neat if we could do it.

GC> Are we ready to choose 857bb9e80684a4e as the new stable wxWidgets
GC> version that we'll use with lmi for the presently foreseeable future?

 If you have to choose today, this commit would be a decent choice, but if
you can wait until Wednesday or, at least, tomorrow, I'd like to give you
another one.

 Please let me know what would be your deadline for getting the commit to
use if it can still wait for a bit longer.

 Thanks in advance!

Attachment: pgplWCyxahvco.pgp
Description: PGP signature

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]