lout-users

Re: Hair-thin line & @FootNote divided from the word

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Hair-thin line & @FootNote divided from the word
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 02:02:49 +0300

On Tue, Oct 27, 1998 at 09:14:31AM -0000, MatЛj Cepl wrote:

> 2) When I put @FootNote in a text like this:
>
> xxx xxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxx @FootNote { .... }. mmmm mm mmm m
>
> it happens, that when footnote gets into the end of line, lout breaks a
> line awfully, putting footnote mark on a new line. Like this:
>
> xxx xxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxx
> 1. mmmm mm mmm m
>
> I tried to overcome this by putting "~" between footnote and word which
> it is bound to, but it doesn't work (lout breaks a line between the word
> and footnote mark anyway) and really I did not want to have anything
> between word and its footnote. So, I tried " &0.01s", but the result was
> the same (and it is not very logical markup, isn't it?).

Hmm, in my copy of a user's guide (formatted with my win32 binaries) I
can see this same problem near the bottom of page 117 (section 7.2
"Symbols", the footnote is about options to `matrix' symbol).

I tried to use explicit unbreakable zero width gap (with example from
Dominikus Herzberg) but to no avail.  I had no time to look closely
into this yet.

SY, Uwe