lout-users

Re: ps2pdf with non basic fonts

From: Franck Arnaud
Subject: Re: ps2pdf with non basic fonts
Date: 23 Nov 2001 18:15:22 GMT

Samuel Lacas:

> Well, I haven't tried, but as this tool likely relies on gs, I would
> assume that if you got your nasty fonts recognised (i.e. put in
> pf[ab] format in the right place) by the latter, everything should
> work fine.

It's precisely in some old ghostscript release notes that I read that
non-built in fonts were not treated well. It makes sense: in addition
to the ability to render fonts, which obviously ghostscript has, it
needs to be able to repackage them in the way that PDF expects
them, which is what I understood was not implemented at the time.