lout-users

linux system problems

From: Erich Hoffmann
Subject: linux system problems
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:50:02 +0100 (CET)

Hello out there,

first of all, thanks to your comforting replies to my
debian-potato-looking-up-where-the-program-is-thing (the
ps2pdf-question).  That helped a lot, and I'd like to emphasize that I
didn't complain neither of linux nor of debian but of myself.

OK. Thanx!

Then, don't crucify me if the following thing is too long or queer.  I
have a linux (debian potato 2.2) problem, obviously created by myself
alone & I'm not shure whether this is the appropriate user group to put
it into.  Hope I can express myself.

I louted a couple of overhead slides, coming out beautifully, organized
this way: There is a central file called »Z_lout.lou« containing the
declarations.  Each single slide is a separate file @Included.
Everything works well.

Now I find the following (big) file in my home directory:

----------->cite

-rw--r--r-- 1 erich erich 1836856 Nov 27 20:16 diagsddddd @Include
{\1_einlei.lou } \\
@Include { 2_fall.lou }  \\
# @Include { 3_autonomie.lou } _pages.ps  \\

---------->end cite

(The line breaks are original, I marked them with \\ )

I don't understand the file, and I can neither delete nor rename etc.
it as ,,erich`` nor as ,,root``, the error message always says that the
file doesn't exist!   There is no other file of this size in my
loutings, so I cannot imagine that it is a hardlink.  I run fsck on the
partition.

Perhaps a word to my private naming convention.  When I write something,
I'm used to create a separate directory containing a central file called
,,Z_lout.lou``, so that I can map the louting ( 2>lout.err ) to the
<F9>-key in Vim.  The included files are numbered ,,1_name.lou`` etc. so
that using word completion I can edit them faster, being a lazy guy.  So
a Z_lout.lou -file looks like:

---

(@declarations) [begin]

@Include { 1_first_name.lou }
@Include { 2_second_name.lou }
{...}

[end]

----

Apart of louting, I did another thing.

I tried to extract a part of the users manual under the name of
_pages.ps, using ghostscript.  Well, the ,,_pages.ps`` appears in the
file in question, but how come?  There appear internal commands of a
file as well.  (My standard output always is _1plain.ps, _1plain.pdf,
_1plain.tt, so I can work on them with shell scripts etc.)

As I said, the file is there, cannot be deleted or operated on because
it doesn't exist, it must have come out of some louting.

To be exact 1. I'd like to delete the file, 2. I'd like to understand
it.  Perhaps it needs a *.~ like me to create such a thing.

Thanks for any hints,

erich.