[Ltib] BSP releases and repository tags

From: Andrea Galbusera
Subject: [Ltib] BSP releases and repository tags
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:51:17 +0100

Hello,
I'm currently maintaining a series of ltib BSPs for an internal project.
We track BSP configuration changes and fixes with our company CVS
repository. For any new BSP release we use './ltib -m release'. This
works fine for us and provide a self contained copy of everything needed
for generating target images of any released BSP version. Branching and
tagging strategies we adopted are the same as described in
doc/LtibReleaseProcess.

Here comes my question: is there any reference to the release tag we
specify while running './ltib -m release' inside the rootfs image that
comes with the generated ISO? I thought this could have been in the
included /etc/ltib-release, but it does not seem so.

My final goal is to read the BSP version from a running target: the most
desirable 'version string' would be the CVS tag corresponding to that
specific BSP version.

Could anybody please elaborate on the /etc/ltib-release and RELEASE_INFO
files logic and how they get managed when ISO releasing with './ltib -m
release'?

Thanks in advance
Regards,

--