[Ltib] Preparing a source release ISO for GPL requirements

From: Jim Barlow
Subject: [Ltib] Preparing a source release ISO for GPL requirements
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 12:23:14 -0700

Hello Stuart,

I'm looking for a way to release LTIB and along with the source for all
GPL packages we use. This is to fulfill our GPL requirements of
releasing all of the changes we've made. We've introduced a number of
new packages and patches, tweaks to .spec files and LTIB script itself,
and significant kernel modifications to support our hardware. Since a
GPL release is supposed to be buildable I like the idea of releasing
using LTIB rather than handing off a bunch of spec files and packages.

I'd prefer to make the release independent of the GPP or any other
external resource, mainly to minimize support requests if bitshrine.org
is down, etc.

It seems that the command "./ltib -m release" is structured for a binary
release. The /pkgs folder on the ISO is empty. From what I've read it
seems like "-m release" is more for internal distribution than a public
release. Does LTIB have a facility for doing what I want? How would I go
about doing that? I'm using an older LTIB by the way: 9.1.1 (1.445.6.1)
from a Freescale ISO dated December 2009.

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into maintaining LTIB.

Jim Barlow
IVL Audio Inc