Re: [Ltib] Preparing a source release ISO for GPL requirements

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Preparing a source release ISO for GPL requirements
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 19:54:50 +0100

Hi Jim.

I've only got time to answer briefly, but yes ./ltib -m release is what
you want.

When you run this, all the sources referenced by the default BSP
configuration and all dependencies (toolchains set) will get copied onto
the ISO image in the pkgs directory.

Normally the release script expects these sources to be available on the
GPP (it's a checked to make sure it's distributable).  However there is
(not sure about 9.1.1) -m trelease which bypasses some checks.

If your code does not match what's on CVS you will have to give the
option 'localdir' (I think) when prompted for the release tag.  This
will read the ltib source (making the references) from a file called
MANIFEST that you must generate from your local code tree.  There's a
helper script for this in bin/cvsmanifest which you can run against the
pristine code base and then tinker with (comments in file).

Hope this helps a little.

BTW: If your source are not too old you could make a local git tree from
your source base and release against this.  Later ltib's understand git
trees for releases (although not tested that much).

Regards, Stuart