Re: [Ltib] Host python patch

From: Mike Goins
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Host python patch
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 20:44:52 -0400

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 1:55 PM, Stuart Hughes <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> In general the packages installed into /opt/ltib/usr/bin are regular and
> can be see as extensions to the host system.
>
> If you're building something that runs on the host, but is sensitive to
> the platform/toolchain etc then in the past it's been put into
> $PROJECT_DIR/bin/...  For example the host gdb that is built is put
> there as it would be different depending on whether you're building ARM,
> PowerPC etc (and indeed the particular toolchain).
>
> So if the host-python could only really be built one way, then it is
> okay to put it into the /opt/ltib/... bucket.  Otherwise maybe it's
> better under bin (in the ltib project you're building).

Thanks for the clarification.  I am pretty confident that the host
python is pretty vanilla and does not depend on any target
configuration, hence the result was to carve it out to it's own spec
file.

I have more patches that ride on top of this as hinted in the previous
message, mod_python, wsgi, libxml bindings, etc.  They have all worked
out very well, and have our production software using these.

I could even mange a bump to v2.6 if there is enough of a desire.