lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] RFC on commenting code

From: leon . woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] RFC on commenting code
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:55:39 +0100 (MET)

0) white space

Either tabs only, or space only, but not the current way (few tabs, then a
few spaces here in one line).

My suggestion would be to use spaces only, two spaces per indent?

Almost all patches so far include 80% whitespace differences,
and different indenting.

> 1)Javadoc style comments were already agreed upon

Agreed. :-)

> Do you agree with
> 2)Replacing all C++ style comments with C style?

Yes, most of the current C++ comments are mine. Sorry for that, we use it in
our internal projects and when I program Java. DHCP.c is one of those
beasts...  I'll do a search on // next week :-)

> 3)What about /*--------------*/ separators between functions?I think that
> javadoc comments make those
> unnecesary.

Yes, I think these should be removed as well...

Leon.