lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problems with lwIP

From: K.J. Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problems with lwIP
Date: 21 Oct 2004 09:04:49 +0100

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 08:34, Rajesh Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just porting lwip to a Motorola DSP56858 running uCos-II, and got the
> uCos-II port, now have hit a few problems. One being that when you create a
> new tcp connection (*pcb) it doesn't actually add it to the list of pcb's,
> hence nothing works because it always thinks the list is empty. Is there a
> newer version of lwip available that fixes this. Or is there something I'm
> missing when I do a tcp_new() to create a new pcb, then bind it to my port?

It should get added to a list (either tcp_active_pcbs or
tcp_listen_pcbs) when you call tcp_connect() or tcp_listen()

> Also, there are quite a few differences in the current documentation and the
> latest revision, so having a bit of trouble getting everything started. Have
> managed to get ARP and ICMP working fine.

Although we don't have a lot of documentation, it would seem that what
we do have is getting out of date.  As you've recently experienced this,
could you highlight the (major) bits that are wrong so we can fix them?
Any volunteers to do the fixing?

> And I can receive TCP packets but just can't listen to a certain port and
> wait for a packet to be received.

I expect this is related to your pcb list problem.

> Also noticed the savannah page is now down. Any idea what is going on there.

No, sorry!

Hope that helps,

Kieran